Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Branson, MO

This is completely unrelated to my trying to get knocked-up, but I had to share anyway. The other week B was in Branson, MO for his grandfather's WWII ship's reunion (very cool, I know). While the reason for going to Branson was interesting, the location was not. Of all the places to have a reunion, Branson topped the list?

After weeks of endless jokes about Branson, B called to say he arrived at the hotel. Apparently, the hotels in Branson were doing an Around the World theme and each hotel represented a different place. B wanted me to guess which country they were. He said there were animal print chairs in the lobby and the staff was wearing really bright clothing. Without hesitation I guessed, "New Jersey?" He wasn't amused. How was I supposed to come up with Africa? And yes, I realize that neither guess is a an actual country, but shouldn't a state that has given us Jersey Shore AND Atlantic City be expelled?

Ahhh, but the best was yet to come. The next day B called me from a river boat all abuzz with excitement. Imagine my shock that there was something more to be excited about than the all-you-can-eat fritos in the lobby he mentioned every time he called.

B: Oh my gosh, you'll never believe who is on the show boat!!!!
Me: Who?
B: The girl from Undercover Boss! Who needed childcare? Remember her? She carried the big trays of food?
Me: Oh yeah.
B: She's a few rows in front of me!! Can you believe it?
Me: Wow, a celebrity sighting, B. Are you going to ask her for her autograph?
B: Better - I got a picture taken with her! Jealous?

Yes, B. I'm incredibly jealous. Tell me again about the part where you are on a showboat in Branson, MO at 9am?

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I saw that undercover boss...don't know that I would recoginize the girl though. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAD to be on a showboat in Branson. After all, it was a naval ship reunion... they had to do something, SOMEHOW, related to water! Oh, yeah. I forgot. There was the Titanic, too.

    ReplyDelete